- Master Mariners and Deck Officers are responsible for the navigation of the ship.
- The loading/discharge of cargo, voyage planning, radio communication, environmental issues, health and safety issues, administration duties and the control/safety of the crew and passengers.
- Masters, also known as Captains, are in overall command of the ship and are responsible for the safety, efficiency and commercial feasibility of the ship.
- His/her duties are navigational at sea, whilst in ports, he is responsible for cargo operations. Working under the Master is the Chief Officer (Chief Mate), Second Officer (2nd Mate), Third Officer (3rd Mate) and Trainee
Officer Qualifications / Skills Required
- Deck Officers are required to undertake Merchant Navy training involving college time and sea time to work towards an Officer of the Watch Certificate of Competency (CoC).
- They are also required to complete STCW 95 basic safety training courses, covering personal survival techniques, fire prevention, and fire fighting, elementary first aid, and personal safety and social responsibilities. Should hold seafarer’s medical certificate.
- Additionally, they require Medical First Aid, Advanced Fire Fighting, and Designated Security Duties training.
How To Apply
Complete Your Resume on the Portal and Send your CV to the email specified in this job listing by clicking the ‘Apply’ button.